Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Print Gocco Fun

I promised I'd be back with more, and here I am.

click on the image for a larger view.

I printed my business cards using my Gocco PG-5. This was a first for me. I was so nervous to use it since supplies are so precious, I didn't want to mess anything up. I read and re-read and watched tutorials until I was confident it was as easy as it looks. And, it is! I even printed two colors, which is difficult since the PG-5 doesn't have any built-in method of registration (I used graph paper, by the way). I used this and this as my encouragements.

I will admit that I made a couple mistakes, but I've learned from them. First, and this one I expected and was prepared for, I didn't use smooth paper. I was completely compelled to buy Eames Painting in Canvas Finish (in solar white from Neenah). It's beautiful paper and it was a must-have. The other errors were minor. I should have paid more attention to the paper registration when I was printing the first color.

All in all, I had a great time, and it didn't take long. I did let the orange ink dry overnight just to be sure it was dry enough for round two. Then again, overnight before trimming.

Now I want the other Gocco machine with the registration and larger printing plate. I also wish I'd climbed on to this wagon a long time ago (I've had my Gocco for several months).

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, they look GREAT! Congratulations, Deanna! You made me laugh with "...wish I'd climbed on to this wagon..." Now there won't be any getting you off it! And that's a good thing. :)

tiffany said...

These look great! And congrats on breaking in your gocco. I had mine FOREVER before I actually used it, and then my first project was wedding thank you cards for my bff. Ambitious! But, they turned out awesome.

It's amazing how super easy the thing really is, huh?

deanna said...

Tiffany, thanks! I'm happy with how they turned out. The little machine is so simple, it is amazing! Thanks for visiting.