Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tricky Repeats


In my attempts to repeat this pattern, it revealed it's flaws to me. I don't recall where I saw it, but I remember a tutorial about tiling patterns. (assuming I remember it correctly) You divide the pattern into quarters and switch the top right with the lower left, and top left with lower right. This then allows the outer edges to align properly when printing. Kind of like turning something inside-out.

I can't get it to line up! So, now I either start over or try to find what's causing the flaw.

Click on the image for an enlarged view.
Now if only I can find that tutorial ... Any suggestions?

CORRECTION: I found the tutorial. And it's by, none other than, Julia Rothman on Design Sponge. I bookmarked it (Thank you Delicious!) and there it was, waiting for me to rediscover it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found the article you were looking for. I know very little about these sorts of things and the pattern looks great to me.

Cherry x

deanna said...

Cherry, thank you for your encouragement.

Anonymous said...

hi deanna! not sure if you got it to work yet, but try using the object -> transform -> move function to get everything to line up perfectly. :)